Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code

От Praveen Kumar
Тема Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code
Дата
Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for picking up this,
To have  backward compatibility with my application (Specially queries)

We have used orafce plugin, it created multiple DECODE functions with different parameters.

Inline image 2

While calling one of these DECODE functions from my existing select query,I am seeing an error saying

decode(numeric,integer,unknown,unknow) is not available

By the way, PostgreSQL is allowing me to do method overloading,So I am able to write multiple functions with the same name and different parameters

Thanks,
Praveen

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

 PG> If I try to call a function as below

 PG> select myFunction(1,'This is unknown type',90.01,'Again a unknown
 PG> type column');

 PG> It is raising an error like function myFunction(integer, unknown,
 PG> double precision, unknown) does not exist.

I think you need to be a bit more specific about what precisely you did,
because this is what I tried:

create or replace function
  myfunc(a integer, b text, c double precision, d text)
  returns void language plpgsql
  as $$ begin raise info 'myfunc called'; end; $$;

select myfunc(1,'foo',90.01,'bar');
INFO:  myfunc called

In particular: do you have more than one function of the same name? Were
you actually calling the function from JDBC with parameters (and if so
what types) rather than as a plain select? Show us an exact transcript,
not just your editorialized summary.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code