Re: [BUGS] 9.6rc1 Background worker starting multiple times

От Keith Fiske
Тема Re: [BUGS] 9.6rc1 Background worker starting multiple times
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Keith Fiske <keith@omniti.com> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure exactly how to debug this further to see what is actually
> setting the latch in 9.6.

The commit you are complaining about here is likely this one:
commit: db0f6cad4884bd4c835156d3a720d9a79dbd63a9
author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>
date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:31:04 -0400
Remove set_latch_on_sigusr1 flag.

This flag has proven to be a recipe for bugs, and it doesn't seem like
it can really buy anything in terms of performance.  So let's just
*always* set the process latch when we receive SIGUSR1 instead of
trying to do it only when needed.

So your process gets a SIGUSR1 and its latch is set, causing the loop
to repeat... I would discard that as a backend bug, because the
removal of set_latch_on_sigusr1 was a good move.
--
Michael

Anything I can do in the mean time to fix this, or have to wait for a bugfix patch?

Keith