Re: BUG #7716: Only owner can drop trigger?

От Keith Fiske
Тема Re: BUG #7716: Only owner can drop trigger?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 23:41 +0000, keith@omniti.com wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      7716
>> Logged by:          Keith Fiske
>> Email address:      keith@omniti.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
>> Operating system:   Any
>>
>> This is documented in the DROP TRIGGER section of the documentation, but it
>> doesn't seem to make any sense. If a role has permission to create a
>> trigger, why can that same role not have the same permissions to drop it,
>> even if that role doesn't own the table?
>
> My guess is that it's to prevent someone from dropping a trigger created
> by someone else.
>
> I agree that it's inconsistent. I'm not sure why they added the separate
> "TRIGGER" privilege in the first place, but it was done more than 10
> years ago.
>
> Regards,
>         Jeff Davis

So then don't give that other role trigger permissions if you don't
want them to be able to drop a trigger. I'm actually thankful for the
trigger permission since it allows the extension I'm working on to
create triggers on tables the role doesn't own. But now it only
half-works because it can't clean up after itself when the trigger
needs to be dropped.

Keith

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7716: Only owner can drop trigger?
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7716: Only owner can drop trigger?