Re: BUG #7716: Only owner can drop trigger?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: BUG #7716: Only owner can drop trigger?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 23:41 +0000, keith@omniti.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7716
> Logged by:          Keith Fiske
> Email address:      keith@omniti.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
> Operating system:   Any
>
> This is documented in the DROP TRIGGER section of the documentation, but it
> doesn't seem to make any sense. If a role has permission to create a
> trigger, why can that same role not have the same permissions to drop it,
> even if that role doesn't own the table?

My guess is that it's to prevent someone from dropping a trigger created
by someone else.

I agree that it's inconsistent. I'm not sure why they added the separate
"TRIGGER" privilege in the first place, but it was done more than 10
years ago.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis