Re: Re: A separate table level option to control compression

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Re: A separate table level option to control compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Setting compress_tuple_target to a higher value won't be negative because the
> toast_tuple_target is used for compression anyways when compress_tuple_target
> is higher than toast_tuple_target.

Ack, you're right. Got my wires crossed. I must have gotten confused by my later
tests that enforced main storage and pushed out the toast tuple target
to prevent
out-of-line storage.

> I added a small discussion about negative effects of setting  compress_tuple_target
> lower though, per your suggestion.

Fair enough. I like the addition since it provides a very concrete
reason not to abuse
the parameter. :shipit:

Vaya con Queso

--