Re: the installation of pgadmin4 makes me weep in frustration

От Tony Shelver
Тема Re: the installation of pgadmin4 makes me weep in frustration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just over a year ago, I started to look for free / open source clients for Postgres, and went through most of that list.

Unless you are willing to pay for a commercial license, most of them are not close to PG or have some limitations that made them unusable for me.  Several 'free' tools were limited as to the number of tables, databases or whatever that they could handle.

Currently I am on PGAdmin 4.4, and it works fine for me (on Windows 10), and has kept up with all the functionality available in Postgres, such as procedures.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 12:25, Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2019, at 7:58 AM, robert <robert@redo2oo.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi There
>

> first, thanks a lot for the great an beautiful software we get from PostgreSQL and all people around it.
>
> But I wonder how it comes, that installing pgadmin4 is so incredibly hard?
>
> And no documentation.
>
> I would like to install pgadmin4 to my ubuntu 18.1 laptop.
>
> Where do I find doku on how to install pgadmin4. Preferably I would like to install it using pip?

pgadmin 4 is nothing to do with the PostgreSQL project itself, it's just a third party client.

There are many other third-party clients listed here - https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Clients -
most of them probably better than pgadmin4.

Cheers,
  Steve

Сообщение: Re: the installation of pgadmin4 makes me weep in frustration
Сообщение: Re: the installation of pgadmin4 makes me weep in frustration