Re: Package-support plans?

От Nicklas Karlsson
Тема Re: Package-support plans?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, that it surely one option but is there any grant that can be made on a function so that it can only be called from within the same schema? Even then it is a bit cumbersome

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Nicklas Karlsson schrieb am 20.11.2018 um 07:32:
> Are there any plans for including Oracle-style packages with
> namespace/visibility support at some point or is it just "use
> schemas"? I could even live without package-state but I find it
> frustrating with the namespace pollution when the application grows.

If you don't need package-level variables, you could use schemas put functions in different namespaces.

  create schema package_one;
  create function package_one.function_one() as ...;

  create schema package_two;
  create function package_two.function_two() as ...;

--
Nicklas Karlsson, +358 40 5062266
Vaakunatie 10 as 7, 20780 Kaarina