Re: Package-support plans?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Package-support plans?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

út 20. 11. 2018 v 8:40 odesílatel Nicklas Karlsson <nickarls@gmail.com> napsal:
Yes, that it surely one option but is there any grant that can be made on a function so that it can only be called from within the same schema? Even then it is a bit cumbersome

I have a patch, that can do it - but, probably not before 2 years it will be in upstream. Although schema doesn't support private object now, it can be used well for code decomposition and separation.

The packages are too redundant to schemas in Postgres - so it is very low probably so Postgres will implement packages ever. Much more probable is state, where Postgres's schemas get some functionality of Oracle's packages.

Regards

Pavel

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Nicklas Karlsson schrieb am 20.11.2018 um 07:32:
> Are there any plans for including Oracle-style packages with
> namespace/visibility support at some point or is it just "use
> schemas"? I could even live without package-state but I find it
> frustrating with the namespace pollution when the application grows.

If you don't need package-level variables, you could use schemas put functions in different namespaces.

  create schema package_one;
  create function package_one.function_one() as ...;

  create schema package_two;
  create function package_two.function_two() as ...;

--
Nicklas Karlsson, +358 40 5062266
Vaakunatie 10 as 7, 20780 Kaarina