Re: Establishing remote connections is slow

От Craig James
Тема Re: Establishing remote connections is slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
2012/1/17 Mindaugas Žakšauskas <mindas@gmail.com>
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> <..>  Mindaugas, are you using SSL,
> and if so can you turn it off and see whether things change?
> (It should be safe to do so at least on the "localhost" connection,
> even if you feel your network is insecure.)

No, I am not using SSL; it is either disabled or the default setting
is off anyway. This was one of the first things I have checked.
Moreover, this would probably make it hard to explain why does it take
no time to establish connections immediately after PostgreSQL restart
and why it does it degrade later.

To respond to previous emails - we tried doing DNS lookups against the
client host and they took no time.

Try putting the hostnames and IP addresses in /etc/hosts ... first on the server (for the client) and then on the client (for the server).

Craig

Thanks for your ideas.

Regards,
Mindaugas