Re: cannot login to psql without specifying host

От Craig James
Тема Re: cannot login to psql without specifying host
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Oh wait, my mistake ...

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 8:27 AM Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 4:12 AM Mark Steben <mark.steben@drivedominion.com> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Steben <mark.steben@drivedominion.com>

Good morning,
I run a postgres 9.4.8 standby server, replicating our production server.  I can login using our pguser linux login if I specify the host on the command line but cannot login if I leave the host off:

 psql -U postgres prime_production -p 5433 -h arprodpsqlreplication01
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.4.8)
Type "help" for help.

psql -U postgres prime_production -p 5433
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

I have changed the UNIX_SOCKET_DIRECTORIES to something other than /tmp because we have another instance pointing to that directory. I restarted postgres.  Didn't help.  I have attached our 3 config files along with an ls -la listing of our database cluster directory.  Any insights welcome.

I've seen this when your postgresql.com "listen_address" isn't sent properly. It's probably something like this:

listen_addresses = '192.168.58.13'

The error message is telling you that Postgres is not listening on localhost. Instead, you may want something like this:

listen_addresses = 'localhost,192.168.58.13'

or this:

listen_addresses = '*'

I didn't see your attached postgresql.conf, which already has this. Ignore my suggestion, there's something else that others probably know more about than me.

Craig

Craig

Thank you

--