Re: Will modifications to unlogged tables also be flused to disk?

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Re: Will modifications to unlogged tables also be flused to disk?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Vik,

> Yes.  The only difference between logged and unlogged tables is the lack
> of WAL.  As long as there's no crash, unlogged tables are treated the
> same as logged tables as far as flushing/fsync-ing is concerned.

Ok thats really bad news :/
After reading the discussion about calling unlogged tables "in memory"
or "cached" I actually had high hopes pgql would take advantage of the
fact that data of unlogged tables are not preserved at recovery.

However, it seems pgsql fsyncs frequently to guarantee durability of
table data which will be rejected anyway at recovery from an unclean
shutdown.

I'll have a look at the source and probably prepare a patch.

Regards, Clemens

Сообщение: Re: Will modifications to unlogged tables also be flused to disk?
Сообщение: Re: Will modifications to unlogged tables also be flused to disk?