Re: Will modifications to unlogged tables also be flused to disk?

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Re: Will modifications to unlogged tables also be flused to disk?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Andres,

> No fsyncs will be issued in the common paths, and they won't be written
> to disk by !shutdown checkpoints. But they *will* be written to disk if
> there's not enough space in shared_buffers for all the data.

With unlogged tables I still see data written to the device every 10
seconds, so I did some digging and found bgwriter_delay = 10000, again
with an artifical 10s limit applied on the parameter. To disable
background writing, I set bgwriter_lru_maxpages = 0 which seems to
help.

What is left, is the wal-writer-process which still seems to fsync
every 10s, even though there is no data written to any logged table.

Regards, Clemens