Re: How to downgrade a cluster from 9.5 to 9.3

От Nikhil Shetty
Тема Re: How to downgrade a cluster from 9.5 to 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Please take care of custom tablespaces(if you have any) during the downgrade process using the method mentioned by Peter.

Thanks and  Regards
Nikhil

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 3:13 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 10/11/2018 16:25, Michael Lupo wrote:
> Hello all. My first post.
>
> I have a ubuntu machine that was originally running postgres 9.3. I
> installed 9.5 on that machine as well and then performed a pg_upgradecluster
> -v 9.5. 9.3 main.
> This procedure successfully moved my data from the running 9.3/main cluster,
> to the 9.5/main cluster, brought down the 9.3 running instance and then
> brought the 9.5 instance online utilizing the default ports. This was neat
> to see happen.
>
> As a back out plan, I need to know how to restore the 9.3 running instance
> if for some reason the data got corrupted in the update to 9.5.

You should be able to just shut down the 9.5 instance, switch back the
port numbers, and start the 9.3 instance.

Note that pg_upgradecluster by default uses the pg_dump method, so it's
unlikely that anything will get "corrupted" during the upgrade.  It's a
more interesting consideration if you use the pg_upgrade method.

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/