Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.

От Nikhil Shetty
Тема Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Victor,

I am doing a major version upgrade from pg 11 to 13. The point is if I lose the replication slot after upgrade then how will I sync standby from primary after rsync.

I can create the slot after upgrading but won't there be dataloss?

pg_basebackup takes time for large databases (> 5TB). I feel rsync should be faster.

Thanks,
Nikhil

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 9:04 AM Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> wrote:
Nikhil Shetty wrote:

> Thank you for the update. Is there a way we can retain the physical slot
> during and after upgrade?

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

A minor upgrade does not destroy your slots, actually it does not
modify $PGDATA.

A major upgrade requires creating your replicas from scratch with
pg_basebackup (unless you are adventurous enough to go the rsync way).
pg_basebackup can create the slots for you automagically (-C -S) if
they are gone.

--
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Full Vacuum Taking 5 to 6 hrs.
Сообщение: RE: PostgreSQL Full Vacuum Taking 5 to 6 hrs.