[ADMIN] - Need Clarification about filenodes under base database directory

От Panneer Selvam
Тема [ADMIN] - Need Clarification about filenodes under base database directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear All,

We have a database with no active relations on it. ( I.e. No tables or Indexes exist as of now ).
But when we look at our base directory for this database, it's having many relations pointing pg_type & pg_toast.

Curious to know the necessity of these objects and is this normal scenario ?

/pgDATA/base/102999

ls
1247
1247_fsm
1247_vm
13111
14702
3599

test_ora=# SELECT pg_filenode_relation(0,1247);
 pg_filenode_relation
----------------------
 pg_type
(1 row)

test_ora=# SELECT pg_filenode_relation(0,13111);
  pg_filenode_relation
-------------------------
 pg_toast.pg_toast_13109
(1 row)

test_ora=# SELECT pg_filenode_relation(0,14702);
     pg_filenode_relation
 pg_toast.pg_toast_14697_index
(1 row)

test_ora=# SELECT pg_filenode_relation(0,3599);
     pg_filenode_relation
 pg_toast.pg_toast_3596_index

Regards,
​Panneerselvam D​