Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 18 September 2014 17:32, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 9/18/2014 6:18 AM, David G Johnston wrote:
What distributions of JRE are available on the Windows platform and which
ones are allowed to be "privately distributed"?

afaik, Sun/Oracle is /the/ Java for Windows, and AFAIK, it does NOT allow redistribution, Oracle wants you to register each usage.

also as far as I know, java on 64bit windows defaults to only installing a 32 bit java, since thats what most browsers use.

hmmm, for extra fun, the JRE 7 I have on my win8 box here, I'm not even SEEING the server/jni libraries?!?

Are we distributing perl and python with postgres as well?