Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?  (cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 9/18/2014 6:18 AM, David G Johnston wrote:
> What distributions of JRE are available on the Windows platform and which
> ones are allowed to be "privately distributed"?

afaik, Sun/Oracle is /the/ Java for Windows, and AFAIK, it does NOT
allow redistribution, Oracle wants you to register each usage.

also as far as I know, java on 64bit windows defaults to only installing
a 32 bit java, since thats what most browsers use.

hmmm, for extra fun, the JRE 7 I have on my win8 box here, I'm not even
SEEING the server/jni libraries?!?