Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2018/06/05 1:25, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> In the meantime, my inclination is to fix the documentation to point out
>> that AFTER triggers are allowed but BEFORE triggers are not.
>
> Wasn't that already fixed by bcded2609ade6?
>
> We don't say anything about AFTER triggers per se, but the following under
> the limitations of partitioned tables:
>
> BEFORE ROW triggers, if necessary, must be defined on individual
> partitions, not the partitioned table.

Thought correct that suggestion is problematic for upgrades. Probably
users will create triggers using same function on all the partitions.
After the upgrade when we start supporting BEFORE TRIGGER on
partitioned table, the user will have to drop these triggers and
create one trigger on the partitioned table to have the trigger to be
applicable to the new partitions created.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat