Re: Printing bitmap objects in the debugger

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Printing bitmap objects in the debugger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> I don't understand.  Why don't you just use "call pprint(the bitmapset)"
>>> in the debugger?
>>
>> Bitmapsets aren't Nodes, so pprint doesn't work directly on them.
>> I usually find that I can pprint some node containing the value(s)
>> I'm interested in, but maybe that isn't working for Ashutosh's
>> particular case.

that's right.

> There are many loose (ie, not inside any Node) Relids variables within the
> optimizer code.  Perhaps Ashutosh ended up needing to look at those a lot.

that's right too.

In joinrels.c for example we are manipulating Relids so many times.
[ashutosh@ubuntu pg_head]grep bms_ src/backend/optimizer/path/joinrels.c | wc -l
69
There are many other instances of this in other optimizer and planner
files. There are other places where we manipulate Bitmapsets.

And not every Relids object computed is contained in a Node. So,
pprint() doesn't help much.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat