Re: Printing bitmap objects in the debugger

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Printing bitmap objects in the debugger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016/09/15 0:04, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't understand.  Why don't you just use "call pprint(the bitmapset)"
>> in the debugger?
>
> Bitmapsets aren't Nodes, so pprint doesn't work directly on them.
> I usually find that I can pprint some node containing the value(s)
> I'm interested in, but maybe that isn't working for Ashutosh's
> particular case.

There are many loose (ie, not inside any Node) Relids variables within the
optimizer code.  Perhaps Ashutosh ended up needing to look at those a lot.

Thanks,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)