Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/08/17 13:56, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Amit Langote
>> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>>> inhchildpartitioned indeed seems long.
>>>
>>> Since we storing if the child table (one with the OID inhrelid) is
>>> partitioned, inhpartitioned seems best to me.  Will implement that.
>>
>> inhchildpartitioned is long but clearly tells that the child table is
>> partitioned, not the parent. pg_inherit can have parents which are not
>> partitioned, so it's better to have self-explanatory catalog name. I
>> am fine with some other name as long as it's clear.
>
> OTOH, the pg_inherits field that stores the OID of the child table does
> not mention "child" in its name (inhrelid), although you are right that
> inhpartitioned can be taken to mean that the inheritance parent
> (inhparent) is partitioned.  In any case, system catalog documentation
> which clearly states what's what might be the best guide for the confused.

Sorry, I overlooked this detail. To me it means that the table is
driven by the child and inhpartitioned looks good then.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
От: Vesa-Matti J Kari
Сообщение: [HACKERS] HISTIGNORE for psql