Re: FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Pushed.  Thanks for all the review.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/ddl-partitioning.html

section 5.10.2.3 still says
"Row triggers, if necessary, must be defined on individual partitions,
not the partitioned table."

Should that change?

Per commit 86f575948c773b0ec5b0f27066e37dd93a7f0a96, we are supporting
only AFTER row triggers. May be we should change the above line to
"Before row triggers, if necessary, must ....".

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat