Re: Danger of automatic connection reset in psql

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Danger of automatic connection reset in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> How about, instead of all this, adding an option to psql to suppress
> the automatic reconnect behavior?  When enabled, psql just exits
> instead of trying to reconnect.

+1. But, existing users may not notice addition of the new option and
still continue to face problem. If we add the option and make it
default not to reconnect, they will notice it and use option to get
older behaviour, but that will break applications relying on the
current behaviour. Either way, users will have at least something to
control the connection reset.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Shared memory estimation for postgres
От: leoaaryan
Сообщение: Re: Shared memory estimation for postgres