Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 1/26/17 4:49 AM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> Sorry, I attached wrong version patch of pg_fdw_xact_resovler. Please
>> use attached patch.
>
> So in some other thread we are talking about renaming "xlog", because
> nobody knows what the "x" means.  In the spirit of that, let's find
> better names for new functions as well.

It's common in English (not just the database jargon) to abbreviate
"trans" by "x" [1]. xlog went a bit far by abbreviating whole
"transaction" by "x". But here "xact" means "transact", which is fine.
May be we should use 'X' instead of 'x', I don't know. Said that, I am
fine with any other name which conveys what the function does.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat