Re: How hard would it be to support LIKE in return declaration of generic record function calls ?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: How hard would it be to support LIKE in return declaration of generic record function calls ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2012/5/3 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> You guys seem to be taking the original proposal off into the weeds. I
>> have often wanted to be able to use LIKE in type expressions, and I'd
>> like to see exactly that implemented.
>
> This notion of "anytypename" is utterly unworkable anyway; there's no
> way for the parser to know soon enough that a given argument position
> needs to be read as a type name rather than a normal expression.
> You could conceivably make it work with the argument being a regtype
> literal (ie, quoted); but that seems at least as klugy as what hstore
> is doing.

type identifier is same identifier like other - but I have no
prototype now, so I don't know if there is some trap

I remember so I though about using CAST keyword too

some like SELECT CAST( populate_record(hstore_value) AS type)

Regards

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: How hard would it be to support LIKE in return declaration of generic record function calls ?
Сообщение: Re: How hard would it be to support LIKE in return declaration of generic record function calls ?