Re: How hard would it be to support LIKE in return declaration of generic record function calls ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How hard would it be to support LIKE in return declaration of generic record function calls ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You guys seem to be taking the original proposal off into the weeds. I
> have often wanted to be able to use LIKE in type expressions, and I'd
> like to see exactly that implemented.

This notion of "anytypename" is utterly unworkable anyway; there's no
way for the parser to know soon enough that a given argument position
needs to be read as a type name rather than a normal expression.
You could conceivably make it work with the argument being a regtype
literal (ie, quoted); but that seems at least as klugy as what hstore
is doing.