Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general

po 2. 3. 2020 v 19:59 odesílatel stan <stanb@panix.com> napsal:
I need to implement a fairly fine grained security model. Probably a bit
finer that I can do with the standard ownership functionality.

My thinking on this is to create a table that contains the users, and a
"permission bit" for each function that they may want to do, vis a vi
altering an existing row,or rows, or inserting new rows.

Looks relatively straight forward, if fairly time consuming to do. But I
would need to know which column(s) a given query would add..alter from the
function to implement this via a trigger. looks like I see most of what I
need t do this in the docs, but I can't quite figure out if I can get this
down to what column(s) a given trigger will modify. Is this possible?

You can compare NEW and OLD record. It is pretty hard in PLpgSQL, but easy with hstore or jsonb, or with PLPerl or PLPythonu

Regards

Pavel

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin

Сообщение: Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger
Сообщение: Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger