Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/2/20 10:59 AM, stan wrote:
> I need to implement a fairly fine grained security model. Probably a bit
> finer that I can do with the standard ownership functionality.
>
> My thinking on this is to create a table that contains the users, and a
> "permission bit" for each function that they may want to do, vis a vi
> altering an existing row,or rows, or inserting new rows.
>
> Looks relatively straight forward, if fairly time consuming to do. But I
> would need to know which column(s) a given query would add..alter from the
> function to implement this via a trigger. looks like I see most of what I
> need t do this in the docs, but I can't quite figure out if I can get this
> down to what column(s) a given trigger will modify. Is this possible?

Before you get too far into this I would look at RLS:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/ddl-rowsecurity.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: stan
Сообщение: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function called bya trigger