Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 4/2/15 9:37 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
estate->err_text = stmt->elog_level == ERROR ? estate->err_text :
raise_skip_msg  ;

Can we do this simple change? It will produce a stackinfo for exceptions
and it will not to make mad developers by lot of useless content.

I'm not sure everyone agrees with this to be honest, myself included.

I think the best way to do this would be to have an option for RAISE to suppress the context *regardless of nesting depth*, but show the full context by default for ERRORs.  For NOTICEs and WARNINGs I don't care much what the default will be; perhaps just full backwards compatibility could work there.

I don't see a contradiction. There is clean agreement, so ERROR level should to show the context. NOTICE and WARNINGs doesn't need it - and there is a backward compatibility and usability reasons don't do it.

I am not to against to any special option to RAISE statement. Have you some idea?

What about a enhancing a USING clause?

example:

RAISE NOTICE USING message = '', with_context = true
RAISE EXCEPTION USING message = '', with_context = false

Regards

Pavel

.m

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Failure to coerce unknown type to specific type
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Failure to coerce unknown type to specific type