Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/2/15 9:37 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> estate->err_text = stmt->elog_level == ERROR ? estate->err_text :
>> raise_skip_msg  ;
>
> Can we do this simple change? It will produce a stackinfo for exceptions
> and it will not to make mad developers by lot of useless content.

I'm not sure everyone agrees with this to be honest, myself included.

I think the best way to do this would be to have an option for RAISE to
suppress the context *regardless of nesting depth*, but show the full
context by default for ERRORs.  For NOTICEs and WARNINGs I don't care
much what the default will be; perhaps just full backwards compatibility
could work there.

.m