Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

čt 13. 1. 2022 v 19:23 odesílatel Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> napsal:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 at 17:42, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the idea of prioritizing tables over variables with warnings when collision is detected. It cannot break anything. And it allows to using short identifiers when there is not collision.

Yeah, that seems OK, as long as it's clearly documented. I don't think
a warning is necessary.

The warning can be disabled by default, but I think it should be there. This is a signal, so some in the database schema should be renamed. Maybe - session_variables_ambiguity_warning.

(FWIW, testing with dbfiddle, that appears to match Db2's behaviour).

Thank you for check

Regards

Pavel

Regards,