Re: strange construct with RETURN within plpgsql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: strange construct with RETURN within plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, 2018-02-16 at 13:51 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It is not a bug, it is feature. Sometimes not nice. RETURN is keyword
> in procedural part, but it is nothing in sql part.

thanks, i haven't thought about such an obvious thing, i feel really
ashamed.
of course it makes sense now. i guess what mislead me was that statement
var := val and forgetting that it's like select into under the hood, and
even when i put strict select into in examples i didn't spot this (it
must have been a very long week and i definitely need some rest)
thanks again

Sometimes it is very interesting use #option dump to see "disassambled" form of plpgsql function.

 https://www.slideshare.net/okbob/plpgsql-russiapgconf

Regards

Pavel

regards,
mj

От: Durumdara
Сообщение: Re: Remove default privilege from DB
От: Durumdara
Сообщение: Re: Remove default privilege from DB