Re: proposal: psql PSQL_TABULAR_PAGER variable

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: psql PSQL_TABULAR_PAGER variable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

čt 18. 4. 2019 v 17:58 odesílatel Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> napsal:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 05:45:24PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> čt 18. 4. 2019 v 15:51 odesílatel Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> napsal:
>     In testing pspg, it seems to work fine with tabular and \x-non-tabular
>     data.  Are you asking for a pager option that is only used for non-\x
>     display?  What do people want the non-pspg pager to do?
>
> My idea is following - pseudocode
>
> else /* for \h xxx */

Well, normal output and \x looks fine in pspg, and \h doesn't use the
pager unless it is more than one screen.  If I do '\h *' it uses pspg,
but now often do people do that?  Most \h display doesn't use a pager,
so I don't see the point.

It depends on terminal size. On my terminal pager is mostly every time. \? is same.

pspg can works like classic pager, but it is not optimized for this purpose.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

Сообщение: Re: proposal: psql PSQL_TABULAR_PAGER variable
Сообщение: Re: proposal: psql PSQL_TABULAR_PAGER variable