Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 7/2/16 12:40 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
So ANSI SQL conform implementation of JSON support is still possible in
Postgres.

It is possible, but in this case I think it's not worth it.  Our built-in stuff is significantly simpler and more powerful and already in widespread use.

I can't to agree. JSONPath is little bit powerful than our JSON path expression. JSON_TABLE is pretty good function for extracting values from JSON (note: I missing XML_TABLE too much).

More - Postgres is not famous due not respecting standard.

Regards

Pavel

It is worth keeping an eye on it and not create gratuitous conflicts.

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/