Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
sorry

there is still small issue

I have a plpgsql function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.foo_update_trg()
 RETURNS trigger
 LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $function$
DECLARE t text;
BEGIN
  EXECUTE format('SELECT $1.%I', TG_ARGV[0]) INTO t USING old;
  RAISE NOTICE 'original value of "%" is "%"', TG_ARGV[0], t;
  RETURN NULL;
END;
$function$

Default expanded view of select * from pg_proc where proname = 'foo_update_trg'; is little bit broken (screenshoot 1)

After wrap mode, it add useless new line into source code (screenshoot 2)

but border2 fixes it (screenshots 3)

Regards

Pavel

Hello

With this patch it works perfect

Thank you

Regards

Pavel

Please check this patch.

Hi.

I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Hm, there was an off by one error earlier in some cases, maybe we
>> fixed it by breaking other case. Will investigate.

> Those spaces are coming from the ascii wrapping indicators. i.e. the periods in:

Ah.  I wonder whether anyone will complain that the format changed?

> Apparently we used to print those with border=1 in normal mode but in
> expanded mode we left out the space for those on the outermost edges
> since there was no need for them. If we put them in for wrapped mode
> then we'll be inconsistent if we don't for nonwrapped mode though. And
> if we don't put them in for wrapped mode then there's no way to
> indicate wrapping versus newlines.

Barring anyone complaining that the format changed, I'd say the issue
is not that you added them but that the accounting for line length
fails to include them.

Best regards,
Sergey Muraviov

--