Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

pá 8. 3. 2019 v 13:20 odesílatel Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> napsal:
On 2019-Mar-08, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> looks like error in xmlXPathCompiledEval function, that produce little bit
> broken result for XML_DOCUMENT_NODE type. I hadn't this problem with
> libxml2 2.7.6 64bit, but I seen this issue on same version on 32bit.
>
> Currently I had not fresh 32 bit system to check it.
>
> I found a workaround - in this case copy (and release xmlNode) is not
> necessary.
>
> please, apply attached patch.

Wow :-(  At this point I'm wondering if this should be put in back
branches as well ... I mean, distill part of commit 251cf2e27bec that
doesn't affect the behavior of text nodes, and put it on all branches
together with your fix?

The problem is just for case result: XML_DOCUMENT_TYPE, target XML. For this case the previously used transformation doesn't work.

Is not problem to detect this situation. The content field has -1 instead 0.

Originally there was inverted logic, so xmlCopyNode and xmlFreeNode was not used for XML_DOCUMENT_TYPE, and then we didn't hit this bug.

Another thought: should we refuse to work on known-broken libxml2
versions?  Seems like this bug could affect other parts of code too -- I
see that xmlXPathCompiledEval() is called in file places (including two
in contrib/xml2).

Third thought: an alternative might be to create a wrapper for
xmlXPathCompiledEval that detects NULL content and fills in a pointer
that xmlFreeNode can free.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/