Re: pg_dump does not include database-level user-defined GUC variables?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: pg_dump does not include database-level user-defined GUC variables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Abelard Hoffman <abelardhoffman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a user-defined GUC variable that was set at the db level. e.g.,
>
>   ALTER DATABASE mydb SET myapp.user_id TO '1'
>
> Works fine. When I do a pg_dump, however, that variable isn't included.
> Is that expected? It's not really an attribute of the database?

That sort of information *about the database* is stored at the
cluster level, not in the database itself.  Take a look at
pg_dumpall.

aha, I though it is bug

I don't think so this design is well - this settings is strictly related to database. So there should be some option for dumping these options too.

Regards

Pavel

--
Kevin Grittner