Re: [PROPOSAL] new diagnostic items for the dynamic sql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] new diagnostic items for the dynamic sql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

pá 5. 11. 2021 v 19:27 odesílatel Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh.kumar@migops.com> napsal:
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your follow up, and attaching a new patch which addresses Pavel's comments.
Let me know If I miss anything here.

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 17:40, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2021, at 08:23, Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh.kumar@migops.com> wrote:

> Let me try to fix the suggested case(I tried to fix this case in the past, but this time I will try to spend more time on this), and will submit a new patch.

This CF entry is marked Waiting on Author, have you had the chance to prepare a
new version of the patch addressing the comments from Pavel?

I think the functionality is correct. I am not sure about implementation

1. Is it necessary to introduce a new field "current_query"? Cannot be used "internalquery" instead? Introducing a new field opens some questions - what is difference between internalquery and current_query, and where and when have to be used first and when second? ErrorData is a fundamental generic structure for Postgres, and can be confusing to enhance it by one field just for one purpose, that is not used across Postgres.

2. The name set_current_err_query is not consistent with names in elog.c - probably something like errquery or set_errquery or set_errcurrent_query can be more consistent with other names.

Regards

Pavel

--
Daniel Gustafsson               https://vmware.com/