proposal: less strict input of regprocedure type

От Pavel Stehule
Тема proposal: less strict input of regprocedure type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

input value of regrocedure type should be complete function signature.

postgres=# select 'uni'::regprocedure;
ERROR:  expected a left parenthesis
LINE 1: select 'uni'::regprocedure;
               ^

I think so it is not necessary, when function name is unique.

plpgsql_check uses regprocedure type parameters often and less strict input can be more user friendly - almost all business logic functions has uniq name.  I don't propose to change a output. It will be same - complete function signature.

What do you think about this proposal?

Regards

Pavel