Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

here is updated patch

On 1/21/15 3:10 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

is there some agreement on this behave of ASSERT statement?

I would to assign last patch to next commitfest.

Possible changes:

* I would to simplify a behave of evaluating of message expression - probably I disallow NULL there.

Well, the only thing I could see you doing there is throwing a different error if the hint is null. I don't see that as an improvement. I'd just leave it as-is.

I enabled a NULL - but enforced a WARNING before.

* GUC enable_asserts will be supported

That would be good. Would that allow for enabling/disabling on a per-function basis too?

sure - there is only question if we develop a #option enable|disable_asserts. I have no string idea.

* a assert exception should not be handled by PLpgSQL handler -- like CANCEL exception

+1

Вложения