Re: dropdb --force

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: dropdb --force
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

út 3. 9. 2019 v 18:46 odesílatel Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> napsal:
On 2019-Jul-25, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> čt 25. 7. 2019 v 5:11 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
>
> > Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:

> > * I'm concerned that the proposed syntax is not future-proof.
>
> Can be
>
> DROP DATABASE '(' options ...) [IF EXISTS] name
>
> ok?

Seems weird to me.  I'd rather have the options at the end with a WITH
keyword.  But that's just me, looking at gram.y for other productions
involving ^DROP.

> I don't think so server side implementation is too helpful - there is lot
> of situations, where DDL command is much more practical.

I tend to agree.  Not really a fan of the double-timeout business,
though.

So when are you submitting an updated patch, addressing the other items
that Tom mentions in his review?

I would to prepare patch this week.

Regards

Pavel