Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> why do you need special operator for negation? there is only one use case.
> It can be solved by \if_not

That's exactly the kind of thing I *don't* want to do.  If you
absolutely must have that and you can't wait until we get a full-blown
expression evaluator, then just swap the \if side with the \else side
and call it good.  The whole point here is to avoid introducing weird
hacks for lack of a full expression evaluator that will just become
annoyances once we have one.

I don't need it. Because we don't expect expression there, then "not" or "if_not" is not necessary.

Regards

Pavel

--
Robert Haas