Re: proposal: less strict input of regprocedure type

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: less strict input of regprocedure type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

so 1. 12. 2018 v 20:49 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> input value of regrocedure type should be complete function signature.
> postgres=# select 'uni'::regprocedure;
> ERROR:  expected a left parenthesis
> LINE 1: select 'uni'::regprocedure;
>                ^

Yup.

> I think so it is not necessary, when function name is unique.

This doesn't seem like a great idea to me.  It will just encourage
people to write brittle code that falls over as soon as the name
isn't unique.  Also, if you're willing to assume that it is,
why not just use regproc?

regproc doesn't allow to specify complete signature when it is necessary.

postgres=# select 'uni(int)'::regproc;
ERROR:  function "uni(int)" does not exist
LINE 1: select 'uni(int)'::regproc;
               ^

The motivation is same like last change of DROP FUNCTION. When the name is unique, then you should not to write a signature.

Regards

Pavel