Re: enhanced linestyles for psql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: enhanced linestyles for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2012/5/24 Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>:
> On 24 May 2012 15:33, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> I wrote patch for PostgreSQL 9.1 and 9.2 that adds more linestyles and
>> border styles to console
>
> Nice job!

Thank you :)

> I'm not entirely enthusiastic about the option names though. Would it
> help to split the setting into several?

I am sorry, but I cannot to change it. Now it is compatible with
builtin functionality in console. A  change means longer patch and
more necessary work for porting to new versions. So sorry

> For example:
> \pset borders-inside double single (double horizontal inside borders,
> single vertical)
> \pset borders-outside double

and this type of configuration is not possible - a syntax for psql
settings should be very simple (primitive)

> Or, since you can't really mix outside border-styles:
>
> I'm not sure whether it would be desirable to have more control over
> inside borders, for example per column or row (or even cells)?
>
> Just something to ponder ;)

ook - if you have other ideas - other design, please, send it.

Regards

Pavel

> --
> If you can't see the forest for the trees,
> Cut the trees and you'll see there is no forest.

Сообщение: Re: enhanced linestyles for psql
Сообщение: Re: enhanced linestyles for psql