Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There will be necessary more changes than this. Orafce has some parts
>> based on lw locks. I am able to compile it without any issue. But the lock
>> mechanism is broken now - so impact on extensions will be higher. Have to do
>> some research.
>
> if somebody would to use it for testing
>
> https://github.com/orafce/orafce
> https://github.com/orafce/orafce/commit/fff56ed7e17ed5d6f8e6b71591ff1a6d6ff12d79
>
> With last commit I am able to compile orafce without warnings, but
> installcheck is broken. It can be bug in orafce, but this code worked last 7
> years.

That's very strange.  It looks to me like you did exactly the right
thing.  Can you provide any details on how it fails?

Looks like some race conditions is there - but I didn't tested it deeper

Pavel

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company