Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 09/01/2014 09:58 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It is in ToDo - allow parametrization for COMMANDs.
>
> But this is one point, when I am not sure if we would it. Now -
> situation is very simply. Variables should not be used as table or
> column name. With your proposal, the situation will by much more
> complex, and probably variables should be used in SELECT * FROM x; but
> it can be ambiguous SELECT x FROM table ... so maybe better to don't
> allow it

We would have to define a specific parameter marker, as used by things
like JDBC.

     SELECT x FROM ?tablename

     DROP TABLE ?tablename

or whatever your favourite place-holder syntax is.

It can be solution, but I dislike it .. It increase a language complexity .. vars with or without prefix .. and more,  hidden dynamic SQL

Nothing what I like  - I have a mental barrier to this concept.

Pavel

--
 Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/