Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/01/2014 10:11 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It can be solution, but I dislike it .. It increase a language
> complexity .. vars with or without prefix .. and more,  hidden dynamic SQL
>
> Nothing what I like  - I have a mental barrier to this concept.

Yeah - the question is whether it's better than using EXECUTE.

I'm not convinced it is, since it doesn't make things any more
discoverable for new users, and existing users already know how to do it
right.

It'd only really improve things if PL/PgSQL had started off using
$variable notation, or something that wasn't otherwise legal as an
identifier.

I don't love how it works now, but I don't have a better answer really.