Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

This is more of an SQL request the pl/pgsql but is/has there been thought to
adding the ternary if/then opeator?  Something like:

boolean_exp ?> val_if_true : val_if_false

using "?" by itself would be OK but not ideal - and the addition of the ">"
doesn't seem hateful...

Sorry if this is deemed off-topic but I just went to write

CASE WHEN boolean_exp THEN val_if_true ELSE val_if_false END

And the fact there is as much standard code as there is custom bothered me
just as is being discussed on this thread.

I'm going to go write a "ifthen(bool, anyelement, anyelement)" function
now....

if you use a SQL (SQL macro, then it can be effective)

postgres=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION if(bool, anyelement, anyelement) RETURNS anyelement AS $$SELECT CASE WHEN $1 THEN $2 ELSE $3 END $$ LANGUAGE sql;
CREATE FUNCTION
postgres=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fx(text) RETURNS text AS $$ BEGIN RAISE NOTICE '%', $1; RETURN $1; END$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
postgres=# SELECT if(false, fx('msg1'), fx('msg2'));
NOTICE:  msg2
  if
------
 msg2
(1 row)

postgres=# SELECT if(true, fx('msg1'), fx('msg2'));
NOTICE:  msg1
  if
------
 msg1