Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This is more of an SQL request the pl/pgsql but is/has there been thought to
adding the ternary if/then opeator?  Something like:

boolean_exp ?> val_if_true : val_if_false

using "?" by itself would be OK but not ideal - and the addition of the ">"
doesn't seem hateful...

Sorry if this is deemed off-topic but I just went to write

CASE WHEN boolean_exp THEN val_if_true ELSE val_if_false END

And the fact there is as much standard code as there is custom bothered me
just as is being discussed on this thread.

I'm going to go write a "ifthen(bool, anyelement, anyelement)" function
now....

David J.