Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> OK, I got it.  The component of concern is the DocBook XSL stylesheets,
> called docbook-style-xsl on RH-like systems (docbook-xsl on Debian).  If
> it runs too slow, it's probably too old.

OK, I updated docbook-style-xsl to 1.79.1 from Fedora rawhide (building
and installing that was quite painless btw, didn't need a pile of build
dependencies like I'd feared it would take).  The extraneous commas are
gone, and the speed is better but still not really up to DSSSL speed:
1m44s (vs 1m5s with old toolchain).  So there's some additional piece
that needs fixing, but that's certainly the worst of it.

It does much more intensive work with IO - I have feeling like there are intensive fsync.

Regards

Pavel